I’m Toulouse — a SAHM of 2 stinky boys who works hard to increase my mothering skills by wasting time on facebook, tweeting funny sayings about drinking on twitter, sharing recipes I’ll never make on pinterest, and constantly exercising my family’s sense of humor by writing about them on my blog, Toulouse & Tonic.
While my methods are unorthodox, I am succeeding at making my kids hate me one post at a time.
Most of the satisfaction I get from this blog comes from knowing you read it and enjoy. If you sign up to get my posts by email, I’ll do a happy dance then make irish coffees for both of us. See that little subscribe button just right there to the right? That’s all it takes.
And on East Atlanta Patch
I’m also in this fabulous book, talking about the worst date in the history of womankind and the unwanted “present” he gave me at the end of the night. It’s full of these kinds of stories…you know, the kind you’d only tell your girlfriends in the powder room. Read more about it and get your own copy here.
Now a little more about
THE TOULOUSE AND TONIC PLAYERS*
The hubs, Gabe. He has a good sense of humor. And a strong sense of self-worth. And we have a good enough relationship that he’s completely comfortable with this. And this. And this. What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man.
Super-preemie extraordinaire, 21 months corrected age, Meyer. Get the low-down on him here: Bed Rest, Episode 6: Series Cancelled, How to Put On Your Game Face With a Tube Attached to It and The Worst Sight You Can Wake Up To. Also take a look at the dark circles under my eyes on any given day and know that you are seeing the evidence of his extreme “busyness.”
RIP Brady, you old bastard, you. 17 years you were by my side. I miss you.
And very, very bad rescue girl-dog, Hadley. And I used to wonder why someone put her out on the streets. He’s on the left, she’s on the right.
For those interested in sponsorship information, please contact me at email@example.com. I’m open to giveaways, product reviews, advertising and sponsorships for brands and products I believe in. I have a background in marketing and PR, so I’ll be happy to work with you to create a program that suits your needs, however small or large.
STILL wanna know more? Here are 10 COMPLETELY RANDOM FACTS About Me
1. I was born with a Olympic-level talent in parallel parking. I’ve never practiced yet I can parallel park my SUV in a space the size of a postage stamp.
2. I used to manage a rock-n-roll band. Although no one gives 2 shits what I used to do now that I’m a mom.
3. I twirled the baton competitively until I was in high school. Haven’t touched one in a long time, but I can still do the sugar-bowl.
4. Tearing pictures of beauty products out of magazines is a major compulsion, even though all I do is collect them in drawers for 3 years then throw them away.
5. I am both a perfectionist and terribly, terribly impatient — two such opposing personality traits that I often end up nothing but frustrated.
6. I’ve wanted to be a writer since before I could write anything. My parents still have my first book: a folded piece of plan white paper with a drawing of a stick figure inside.
7. I think you really can tell something about people from their shoes.
8. Despite what my first resume out of college may have said, I am not really a people person.
9. I spent almost 3 weeks on complete hospital bed rest and then delivered my son at 29 1/2 weeks gestation. That saga has been going on since January 15, 2012. Spoiler alert: he’s all good now.
10. I think everyone needs to get and keep their own life. Even mommies.
11. (bonus) I have a bit of a potty mouth. Deal with it.