I think about you all the time. Really, I do. But I just can’t seem to muster up the energy to write anything but the occasional facebook status update. (But thanks for all the thumbs-ups and shares there, dawgs!)
I’ve been pretty sure something was broken in the old creative factory until I realized that I’ve been coming up with incredibly creative reasons NOT to write, so I guess it’s just plain laziness.
Some of the reasons I haven’t been writing include:
1. It’s too hot and I feel drained. Nevermind that I stay inside in the air conditioning 97.4% of the time.
2. I don’t have time because my kids are home with me all day long, usually standing within 2 feet of where I am, along with the dog, no matter where I go. P.S. The big one has been in camp the last 2 weeks.
3. A monkey sat on my keyboard. The monkey is my 16-month-old baby and although he does sit on it sometimes, it’s not exactly broken. I’m actually considering letting him write a post for you seeing as how he just loooooves to push the buttons nonstop whenever I have it on my lap. Also, it might be better than what I’m coming up with these days.
4. The latest episode of The Bachelorette isn’t going to watch itself. Also, I think Mia Michaels did some choreography on SYTYCD this week and I need a good cry.
5. You don’t really care whether I’m writing or not because it’s so hot and you’re drained, you’re busy with your kids, your TIVO ain’t gonna watch itself and a monkey sat on your brain.
So if you’re not too busy making excuses about why you don’t have time to read blogs about making excuses about why I don’t have time to write blogs, let me know that you think my excuses are bullshit and I should just get back to writing. All clear?
Honestly, I just confused myself. Happy summer.